Mangabuddy is a popular manga and manhwa reading site that provides access to thousands of titles from all over the world. One of the key features of Mangabuddy is the ability to switch between different server locations, which can help improve loading speeds and accessibility. This guide will walk you through the simple process of changing servers on Mangabuddy, whether you’re using the desktop site or mobile app.
Why Switch Mangabuddy Servers?
There are a few key reasons you may want to change the server you’re connecting to on Mangabuddy:
- Faster loading speeds: Switching to a server that is geographically closer to your location can significantly improve load times for chapters and images. This is especially helpful if your default server location is far away or experiencing connectivity issues.
- Access restricted content: Some manga series and chapters may only be available on certain country servers due to licensing restrictions. Changing your server can unlock more content.
- Avoid censorship: In some regions, certain mature content in manga may be censored or blocked entirely. Switching to a different server can allow you to view uncensored content.
- Overcome service disruptions: If a particular server is undergoing maintenance or having technical issues, switching to another operational server lets you access Mangabuddy without interruptions.
- Improve reliability: If you’re experiencing frequent connection drops or other problems with your default server, switching to a different one may provide more reliable performance.
How to Change Servers on Mangabuddy Desktop Site
Changing your server on the Mangabuddy desktop website is a very simple process that only takes a few clicks:
- Load the Mangabuddy website in your web browser and navigate to any manga series page.
- On the top right corner of the screen, click on your current Server Location. This will open up a drop-down menu.
- The drop-down menu will display all available server options to switch between. Servers are grouped by country or region.
- Review the list and click on your desired new server location. The US server is set as the default.
- Once selected, the page will automatically reload and connect you to the new server.
- You can verify the change by checking that the new server location is now displayed next to your profile icon.
That’s all there is to it! Mangabuddy will remember your selected server between visits, so you don’t have to change it every time. Keep in mind you may need to reload the page or restart your browser before switching to another new server.
Changing Servers on the Mangabuddy Mobile App
The process is just as easy using the Mangabuddy app on your iOS or Android device:
- Launch the Mangabuddy app on your mobile device.
- Tap on the Menu icon in the top right corner to open the side menu.
- Scroll down and select Change Server. This will open the server selection screen.
- Browse the list of available servers grouped by country or region.
- Tap on your desired new server location.
- The app will display a confirmation that you’ve switched servers successfully.
- Back out to the manga library or any series page to connect to the new server.
- You can double check the change by looking for your newly selected region in the top left corner of the app.
The mobile app will also remember your server preference so you don’t have to change it repeatedly. That’s all there is to switching servers on the Mangabuddy platform. Give it a try to enjoy faster speeds, more content, and fewer disruptions.
Tips for Changing Mangabuddy Servers
Keep these tips in mind when changing servers on Mangabuddy for the best experience:
- Try selecting a server in a geographic region close to your physical location for the fastest speeds. Test different nearby servers to compare speeds.
- If you need access to restricted content, research which country servers host the manga series you want to read before switching.
- Be aware that using distant servers can slow down load times. Only use farther servers if necessary to access content.
- When experiencing connectivity issues or errors, first try clearing cookies/cache and restarting your browser or app before changing servers.
- If a particular server is down for maintenance or overloaded, switch to a backup server rather than waiting for it to come back online.
- On mobile, use a Wifi connection rather than mobile data when testing new servers to avoid excessive data usage.
- Allow Mangabuddy time to fully load after changing servers before judging whether speeds have improved or issues are resolved.
- If speed test results are inconsistent across different servers, the problem may be on your end rather than Mangabuddy’s servers.
- When troubleshooting problems, take note of which specific servers exhibit the issues so you can report them.
- Only switch servers when necessary as constantly changing can create minor delays while the new server connections are established.
Following these tips will ensure you choose the optimal servers for performance, content access, and reliability when reading your favorite manga on Mangabuddy.
Common Problems When Switching Mangabuddy Servers
In most cases, changing servers on Mangabuddy is quick and seamless. But you may encounter certain errors or difficulties at times:
- Slow loading speeds: If speeds are consistently slow across different servers, the underlying problem may be your network connection rather than the Mangabuddy servers. Try restarting your modem/router or switching Wifi or cellular data networks.
- Manga not loading: In rare cases, a manga series may fail to load at all after changing servers. First try force quitting and reopening the app or refreshing the desktop site. If the problem persists, switch back to the previous server.
- Missing manga libraries: Your manga reading progress and custom libraries may not carry over when switching servers in some situations. Libraries should sync after a short delay, or you can manually refresh.
- Partial content restrictions: Sometimes a server may block just certain chapters or pages of a manga due to stricter censorship. You may need to switch between a few different servers to find uncensored versions.
- Login/logout issues: On occasion, rapidly switching servers can cause you to be logged out of your Mangabuddy account. Relogging in and allowing time for synchronization should resolve this.
- Server selection unavailable: During rare Mangabuddy service outages, the ability to change servers may be temporarily disabled across all platforms. Try again later once services are restored.
- Certain servers blocked: Some networks or countries intentionally block access to Mangabuddy servers in specific regions. Try using a VPN service to bypass these restrictions and access blocked servers.
- Unresolved connectivity problems: If you continue experiencing slow speeds or disconnections even after testing multiple servers, the root cause is likely your local network or ISP rather than Mangabuddy’s CDN.
If changing servers does not resolve your issue, check Mangabuddy’s social media pages for status updates on any service outages. You can also contact their customer support team for troubleshooting help.
Using a VPN with Mangabuddy
A VPN, or virtual private network, can be very useful when combined with changing Mangabuddy servers. By routing your traffic through a different region, a VPN can unlock restricted content and provide a workaround when certain servers are blocked by your ISP or country.
The steps for connecting via VPN and switching servers are:
- Sign up for and install a trusted VPN service on your device, such as ExpressVPN, NordVPN, or Private Internet Access.
- Connect to the VPN server located in your desired geographic region. This will assign you an IP address from that location.
- Launch Mangabuddy and change your server to one in the same region as your VPN server.
- You are now browsing Mangabuddy through the selected location and can access region-restricted content.
- Be sure to disconnect from the VPN when no longer needed to prevent privacy and speed issues.
Using a VPN expands your options for switching servers and can be very useful if you frequently read manga not available in your own country. Keep in mind that VPN connections can slow browsing speeds, so only use one when necessary.
Also read: How to Change Units in Revit?
Here are answers to some common questions about switching between servers on Mangabuddy:
Why are there so many country options for Mangabuddy servers?
Mangabuddy uses a global content delivery network with local servers in most major countries. This allows them to optimize performance based on your location and provides access to region-specific manga content. Having multiple server options allows users to troubleshoot issues and find the fastest speeds.
Is it okay to switch servers frequently?
Yes, there are no limits or restrictions on how often you can change Mangabuddy servers. However, repeatedly switching locations too rapidly can temporarily disconnect you while new server connections initialize. It’s best to choose one server and stick with it unless you need to change for performance or content access reasons.
Do my manga libraries sync across different servers?
Your Mangabuddy account data including reading progress, favorites, and custom libraries should sync across all servers. However, occasionally this data may not carry over right away when changing servers. If you notice your libraries are missing, give it some time to sync or try manually refreshing.
Can I get in trouble for switching to different country servers?
Using Mangabuddy servers in other regions to access content is perfectly legal and within site terms of service. The only exception would be attempting to circumvent purchasing restrictions by switching billing countries just to get lower manga prices.
How do I know which server is fastest for me?
A general rule of thumb is to select the server geographically closest to your physical location for the fastest speeds. However, network conditions vary, so it’s always best to test a few nearby servers yourself to compare loading times and connectivity.
What if my VPN doesn’t help me access a restricted server?
If you can’t access a Mangabuddy server even using a VPN, it’s likely that the site has intentionally geo-blocked that country’s IP addresses across their whole network. Some strict content restrictions can’t be bypassed. But you can try contacting Mangabuddy support to request access.
Can I get a virus or be hacked when using public VPN services?
Using a reputable premium VPN provider greatly minimizes any privacy or security risks. Avoid free VPN services, as these are more likely to sell data or contain malware. A secure paid VPN will safely encrypt your traffic without exposing personal information.
The ability to change servers on Mangabuddy provides a simple but powerful way to boost performance, avoid censorship, and unlock even more manga content. Switching your server only takes a moment and can be done seamlessly on both desktop and mobile. Keep these server tips in mind to troubleshoot issues, find faster connections, and enrich your manga reading experience.
With tens of thousands of titles across every genre imaginable, Mangabuddy already hosts one of the world’s largest manga and manhwa collections. But changing servers expands that massive library even further. There’s always more incredible manga to discover, and a quick server switch lets you access it all.